**Scheduled for 3/21-3/24/2019**
Spokane, Washington is the second most populous city in state and it is known for offering charming and historic tourist experiences. The city frequently hosts many community events, festivals, and gatherings. It is also home to four major universities and a medical and heart research center. More about Spokane…
For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST) robotics competitions combine science with the excitement of team sport. Teams of 10 students or more design, build, and program a robot to perform prescribed tasks against a field of competitors.
Most robotics competitions follow a similar basic pattern. Doors to the venue usually open around 7 am and teams use the morning time to prepare the robot and use the practice field prior to matches. Competitions are very exciting but also very busy and students are expected to be on time for scheduled shifts and to support the team. For more information on this event:
- Check out the official FIRST competition schedule. The links provided will go to the related specific event’s web page
- Check out the example itinerary from the 2018 event to see a typical competition schedule of activities.
- Carefully review rules and fill out and sign the necessary release forms.
Getting to and around Spokane requires students, mentors, and chaperones to drive five hours east from Seattle on Interstate-90. Carpool groups will be set up by the club. Please see the Parents, Mentors, and F.A.Q. page if you are an adult who wishes to volunteer as a driver.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- -The estimated total hotel expense in 2018 is $186 per student for the entire stay.
- The Flying Goat – Pizza and more
- Queen of Sheba – Ethiopian cuisine
- Sante – French cuisine
- The Scoop – Ice cream and waffle shop
- Tacos El Sol – A popular Mexican food truck
- Wiley’s Downtown Bistro – Seafood
- Wisconsinburger – A popular hamburger restaurant
- Spokane River Centennial Trail – A hiking and biking trail
- Downtown Spokane – Provides shopping, dining, and other entertainment opportunties
- Kendall Yards Night Market – Live music, fresh produce, and other events
- Manito Park – A popular city park
- Martin Woldson Theatre – An historic theater for the performing arts
- Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture – A museum of local history
- Riverfront Park – An urban park with walking paths
- Spokane Falls – A popular Spokane attraction that offers a gondola ride over a waterfall
FIRST competition image and Information – www.firstwa.org
Hotel Image -www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/cheney/skacw/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-EX-_-US-_-SKACW
Restaurant image – www.wisconsinburger.com
spokane City Information – https://www.visitspokane.com/
Spokane image- www.pinterest.com/pin/188517934377214326
Tourism image – www.expedia.com/pictures/eastern-washington/spokane/northwest-museum-of-arts-and-culture.d6083785/historical?view=large-gallery&photo=170929https:/
Transport image -www.blurb.com/b/622926-planes-trains-automobiles